Wednesday 14 December 2011


Just a little Foreword before my next post.

By doing this blog/journal I am not looking for any sympathy in anyway. I have had an amazing amount of messages from all kinds of different people and those messages have meant so much to me even at this early stage and that is partly why i am going to share my thoughts. The main reason I am doing this is if my experiences over the coming months can help anyone now or in the future overcome any similar experiences or difficulties in their life then this will be worth it. 

I realise its such an early stage of my journey and hey I don't know how this is going to turn out but one thing i do know is i am going to give it everything ive got to make it go the way I want.....


 Right I don't know where to start but it's Tuesday 13th dec and its been 72 hours since the collision happened. As soon as I felt the impact I knew my knee was "gone". I've never felt anything like that before in my life..I'd like to think I'm good with pain as at times it's been my friend "no pain no gain"and all that , but this pain was different it was a searing heat and an intensity of pain in which I can't describe...even now I'm replaying it in my mind over and over and telling myself "why didn't I just try and tackle with my right foot instead of trying to bring the ball away with the outside of my left"..hindsight would be a beautiful thing right now but I know the damage is done and I've grieved all I can grieve about it and now I know the long road back starts here.....

Saturday Sunday and Monday morning has consisted of me laying with my left leg elevated in a brace on the sofa which the physios at the club(John Mcreadie&Fiona Hogg) gave me to wear just for some protection until I got the scan to determine the damage done. I have got to say here at Inverness the people involved with the club are some of the nicest people you could meet and are 'real salt of the earth people'..anyway I went in to the ground at midday on Monday to see John just so he could see the knee and also I wanted to go in to see the boys..I knew the game didn't go well after I got took off and we lost the match and I knew the boys would be feeling a low so I just wanted to go in and show my face and be part of the dressing room even though my ugly mug probably never done much for morale...on the dressing room it's the best I have had the pleasure of being in..I'm sure the boys won't mind me saying this but I don't mean in the terms of 'calibre of player' if there is such a thing but I mean in Spirit, Honesty ,Trust ,Courage,Humility, Banter and a Togetherness. Now I could have listed so many more cliche words but I mean every single one of them it's a good bunch with the head of the bunch being all that and more but I will go into that later...also johnny Hayes had bought me a nice latte because he knew I was coming in.its things like that which sets this dressing room apart!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Hoggy.

    I hope you get back asap.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with your recovery Chris hope to see you back playing football soon.

    I run a Scottish football website if you are interested in an interview or even getting your thoughts etc out there to a wider audience get in touch with me at your earliest convenience mate.

    editor [at] scotzine [dot] com

    ReplyDelete